Behaviors That Stall Your Progress
Careers rarely follow a straight line. Most of us, at some time, falter or experience a stall.
Take an honest evaluation of yourself to see if you're guilty of any of these common career killing behaviors. They can mean the difference between a rise or fall at work.
If you recognize your own behaviors here, make it your mission to change them — before you have to. In time, you’re likely to see your career rise from a standstill.
- Overcommitting and under-delivering. Misfiring on performance or values.
- Resistance to change — Failing to embrace new ideas.
- Being a Problem Identifier rather than a Problem Solver.
- Winning over your boss but not your peer group.
- Always worrying about your next career move versus focusing on the present
- Self-importance — exhibiting a humorless, rigid attitude.
- Lacking the courage and conviction to push back on the system.
- Complacency — you’ve stopped growing.